“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy”
Rumi’s quote “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy” means that when we live in alignment with our true selves and our passions, we experience a deep sense of joy and fulfilment.
Our soul is our essence, our true identity. It is the part of us that is connected to something larger than ourselves. When we live from our soul, we are guided by our intuition and our values. We are also more likely to be engaged in activities that we find meaningful and fulfilling.
When we do things from our soul, we feel a sense of aliveness and energy. We are more likely to be creative and innovative. We are also more likely to connect with others on a deeper level.
The river that Rumi refers to is a symbol of our life force. It is the energy that flows through us and gives us the power to create and experience life. When we are living from our soul, our life force is flowing freely and we feel a sense of joy and abundance.
Here are some examples of what it might look like to live from your soul:
- Choosing a career that you are passionate about, even if it is not the most prestigious or lucrative option.
- Spending time with people who make you feel good and who support your dreams.
- Engaging in creative activities that express your true self.
- Giving back to your community in a way that is meaningful to you.
- Living in accordance with your values, even if it means going against the grain.
When you are living from your soul, you may not always experience joy and fulfilment. There will be ups and downs, just like any other aspect of life. However, the overall experience will be one of deep satisfaction and meaning.
Rumi’s quote is a reminder that we all have the power to create a life that is joyful and fulfilling. When we live from our soul, we tap into our inner power and wisdom. We also align ourselves with the natural flow of life.