Canada is a popular destination for international students due to its prestigious universities and scholarships. These universities offer high-quality education and are a top choice for foreign students.
In 2023, several Canadian universities will be providing tuition-free options to international students through scholarships and grants. These opportunities will be available for students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral studies based on their academic achievements. The scholarships and grants can be used to cover tuition fees and living expenses. The Canadian government also offers a scholarship program and other initiatives to support international students in managing their financial needs while studying in Canada.
Below is a list of five Canadian universities offering tuition-free study:
- York University: This modern, multi-campus urban university in Toronto provides numerous scholarship opportunities for international students, including the York University Automatic Entrance Scholarships, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, and the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship, among others.
- University of Toronto: Established in 1827 as King’s College, the University of Toronto offers non-repayable monetary awards in the form of scholarships and grants to students based on merit, financial need, community engagement, leadership, and athletic performance. The university offers over CAD 106 million annually in thousands of student awards.
- University of British Colombia: A global center for education, research, and instruction, UBC offers merit-based and need-based scholarships and awards to Canadian and international students. The university funds more than CAD 10 million annually towards scholarships, awards, and other financial support mechanisms for international undergraduate students.
- Carleton University: This university offers merit-based admission awards to international students, which also cover tuition fees, making it a tuition-free university.
- Saint Mary’s University: This public institution in Halifax offers several scholarships to international students, covering tuition fees, and rewards academic excellence with over CAD 7.69 million in scholarships, fellowships, and grants annually.