Movement Disorder, Seizures, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME
1. Everyone feels fatigued sometimes, and many people feel fatigued a lot of the time.
It’s a new state of fatigue that has lasted for at least 6 months and can be so severe that it gets in the way of your normal daily activities, at home and work. Rest and sleep don’t seem to help.
If you have it, physical activity can leave you feeling worse, typically the next day. This condition is known as post-exertional malaise.
You tend to awaken almost every morning feeling as if you didn’t get enough sleep. Often you wake up a lot at night, for no apparent reason.
You can have trouble concentrating and multitasking.
When you stand upright from a sitting or lying position, you may feel light-headed. Your heart might beat rapidly. After you’re on your feet for a while, you could feel terrible and need to lie down flat.
2. How old is this disease, when it came to the surface, can it be differentiated clearly from other such diseases
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) is a complex and multi-systemic condition that has been recognized as a distinct medical disorder for several decades. The first documented cases of ME/CFS date back to the 1930s, and the term “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome” was first used in the 1980s to describe a specific set of symptoms that included persistent fatigue, difficulty with concentration and memory, and a variety of other physical and cognitive symptoms.
The diagnosis of ME/CFS can be challenging, as its symptoms are often similar to those of other medical conditions, such as fibromyalgia, depression, and autoimmune disorders. To make a diagnosis, healthcare providers typically consider a range of factors, including symptoms, medical history, and results from physical exams, blood tests, and other diagnostic tests.
In recent years, there has been increasing recognition of ME/CFS as a serious and debilitating condition and ongoing research efforts are aimed at improving our understanding of its underlying causes and developing effective treatments. However, there is still much that is unknown about ME/CFS, and further research is needed to gain a deeper understanding of this complex and poorly understood disease.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE, THAT NEITHER THE NEURO PHYSICIAN NOR MEDICAL SPECIALIST OR PSYCHOLOGIST/PSYCHIATRIST DECLARED THE PATIENT SUFFERING FROM SEIZURES AND CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME. EXPERIENCED AND WELL-REPUTED NEURO PHYSICIANS ASSURED THE PATIENT, IMMEDIATELY AFTER EXAMINING THE EEG REPORT, THAT PRIMA FACIA NO PROBLEM WAS OBSERVED IN BRAIN FUNCTIONING.
IN FACT, ITS THE OUTCOME OF STRENEOUS EFFORTS, RESEARCH ON NUMEROUS MEDICAL SIGHTS PLUS WRITING ABOUT THE SELF-EXPERIENCED INCIDENTS AND THE COLLECTION OF EYEWITNESSES, WHO REMAINED WITH THE PATIENT MOST OF THE TIME.
HIS FACE HAS NOT BEEN COVERED/BLURRED FOR THE REASON THAT SUBJECT SPECIALISTS IN THEIR FIELD CAN OBSERVE EXPRESSIONS/ HEAR THE VOICES OF THE PATIENT DURING THE EPISODE.T
3. The patient in his early 60s is suffering from Seizures and CFS almost for the last four years., starting in April 2019. Initially, seizures would commence with violent jerking/moving /throwing legs, arms and complete body, while lying. The episode would continue for several minutes varying from eight-ten minutes to even half an hour or more. The patient described the episode that during this time; HE COULD HEAR THE SOUNDS OF PEOPLE AROUND UNCONCIOUSLY, HIS BODY PARTS WERE COMPLETELY OUT OF HIS CONTROL, THE VIOLENT JERKING/THROWING OR MOVING LEGS AND ARMS WRE INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENTS, BEYOND HIS CONTROL.; The patient evacuated to hospital emergency on the first episode was luckily observed/ checked by a Neurologist, present in the emergency. The neurologist repeatedly asked the patient to open his eyes, could not open his eyes, Doctor insisted the patient open his mouth, which he could barely open. After a detailed inspection Neurologist declared, it was not Epilepsy. Surprisingly all body organs of the patient were functional, showing BP, HEARTBEAT and EVEN SUGAR were in the normal range. Later blood CP also revealed nothing abnormal.
4. After Effects of the Episode
According to the patient, his sixth sense alarms 5-7 seconds early warning something nasty coming, before the episode takes over the body. The patient loses control over his body movements. The patient suffers a lot as a consequence of continued seizures episodes including;
- Even talking resulted in acute exhaustion, resulting in seizures within seconds/minutes of the previous episode.
- Talking on mobile for a short duration also enhanced exhaustion.
- Bending for a while can result in extra exhaustion, even seizure following.
- Many times while taking Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner exhaustion resulted in seizures.
- A road journey for merely 8-10 kilometres would again cause acute exhaustion/fatigue and body aches, forcing the patient to lie down on the bed for several hours.
- The routine daily tasks became impossible to continue with since exhaustion would force lying in bed.
- Muscle pain
- Can not sit on the ground
- Joint pain ( specifically in the right hip joint/pelvic bone)
- Difficulty in walking even a few meters, lower legs would get, simply unable to carry the body weight.
- Reduced ability to exercise
- Dizziness or fainting
- Chills and night sweats
- Sleep disturbances
- Difficulty concentrating and thinking (often referred to as “brain fog”)
5. Post-episode several tests were conducted including;
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine Procedure/ Twice
- EEG Review/Twice
- Plain MRI Crevicle.Spine
- MRI Brain
- CT Scan Brain
- MRI Lumber/Spine
- MRI Cervical,
- Spine and Brain and MRA
- Tilt Test
- PathfinderAmbulatory ECG
- X-Ry Cerevicle Spine
- Cardiac CT Angiography
- Exercise Tolerance Test ETT
- Holter ECG
It is worth mentioning by the Grace of GOD ALMIGHTY almost all tests produced normal results, barring AGE-RELATED DEGENERATION in MRI spine and lumber. Later on, MRI Brain has conducted a couple of times again, without any significant changes.
The patient is suffering from a Thyroid problem (family-inherited), for long, and taking THYROXINE 50 mg daily. Again Uric Acid is another problem but mostly remains under control. He is also a borderline Diabetic, for many years, but mostly remains within limits, because of following preventive measures.
The initial treatment prescribed by the Neuro physician was LERECE ( LEVETIRACETAM)500 mg, alternatively EPIVAL, to control/curb the occurrence of seizures. But despite three doses a day, failed to control the seizures. The same routine continued along with supplements to boost the energy level of the body but in vain.
7. Psychologist/ Psychiatrist Treatment
The patient from the very first day has denied suffering any psychological distress, anxiety or depression syndrome. He confidently claims BELIEVING IN DESTINY CREATOR’s DECISION TO BE BEST FOR HUMANS, BEING A CONTENTED THANKFUL AND BLESSED MAN IN LIFE, WITH NO REGRETS NOT HAVING EVERYTHING IN LIFE, HE EVER WANTED. The patient was attended to/reviewed many times by a Psychologist/Psychiatrist, successfully clearing written as well as interviews. Even immediately after the prolonged seizure episode, the patient confidently conversed with a Psychologist getting a normal report, due to his strong conviction and willpower.
The frequency of seizures continued going up and down, in the later part of the second year, the violent movements of body parts subdued into gentle with tearing eyes. Even subdued body movements or simple tearing eyes would result in enhanced body exhaustion/fatigue, meaning no respite in the exhaustion.
.This short video was filmed in the first week of Mar 2023 at the hospital, once the patient was asleep. It is the solitary event of seizure while asleep.
8. ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
The symptoms of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) can vary greatly from person to person and can change over time. The main symptom is persistent and severe fatigue that does not improve with rest and can be made worse by physical or mental activity.
The pertinent question arises in the mind ;
WHETHER SEIZURES ARE THE AFTER-EFFECTS OF OVERWHELMING EXHAUSTION?
BUT THE EXHAUSTION ITSELF IS THE RESULT OF SEIZURES.